Understanding Your Bill
When you pay your bill each month, do you know exactly what goes into your bill? Understanding the charges on your electric bill can help you save money by monitoring your exact energy usage. Lumbee River
- Account Information: This section provides your LREMC account number and payment due date. For faster service, reference this number when communicating with your co-op.
- Billing Summary: Provides an overview of charges incurred, payments received during the billing period of your electric charges.
- Message: LREMC uses this space to share timely information about upcoming events, energy saving tips, programs and more.
- Meter Reading & Location: Provides information that is specific to your service location including your current and previous meter readings, rate code, bill type and service location.
- kWh Usage History: This chart helps you visualize any trends in your monthly energy usage over the past 13 months.
- Current Service Detail: Provides an itemized list of your current charges for service as well as payments and adjustments.
Facility Charge: A fixed monthly charge that covers a portion of the costs LREMC incurs to build and maintain the system that carries the electricity to your home or place of business.
Electric Charge: Details of the amount of electricity used, the rate charged and the total charges associated with the energy consumed.
Other Charges: This section of your bill could include your security light fee, underground service, loan payment, energy audit fee and late fee penalty.
NC Renewable Energy Charge: This charge represents the costs associated with LREMC meeting the NC renewable energy mandate requiring all utilities have 10% of their energy sales from renewable resources by 2018.
Sales Tax: NC sales tax collected on the sales of goods and services (currently 7%).
- Notification Box: Provides information about special notices to your account such as: Final Bill, Credit Card Expiration, Bank Draft, Budget Account and Final Disconnect Notice. On delinquent bills, this section will contain a message stating the exact amount that needs to be paid and date to avoid disconnection of service. This will now serve as the FINAL DISCONNECT NOTICE. LREMC will no longer send a separate final disconnect notice.
- Remittance Stub: The remittance stub indicates your account number, bill due date, and total amount due. Please return payment to the address shown.
These are not new charges on your bill; you have been paying for these items all along. They have now been itemized so that you are more aware of where your electric dollars are spent.
Click on the following link to download a sample bill with all the terms explained: Understanding Your Bill - Lumbee River EMC