At Lumbee River EMC & North Carolina’s Electric Cooperatives, we believe there is no more important investment than in our state’s youth. That’s why for more than 20 years, the electric co-ops have offered Bright Ideas education grants to Tar Heel teachers in K-12 classrooms across the state.
Bright Ideas grants provide funding for innovative, classroom-based projects that would otherwise not be possible. Since 1994, we have touched the lives of more than 2 million students who have participated in 9,800 Bright Ideas projects, and given out more than $10.2 million. Each year, close to 600 grants are funded across the state. Lumbee River
- For North Carolina teachers in grades K-12
- Teachers must include a budget, explain the creative elements, implementation, goals and evaluation of the project, and have approval from the school principal
- Projects that could be funded up to $2,000
- Open to all subjects
- Teachers are limited to one grant proposal per year and are eligible even if they have received a grant before.
- Teachers may apply as individuals or as a team for the grants.
Visit the NC Bright Ideas website for more information and to apply: http://www.ncbrightideas.com
LUMBEE RIVER EMC'S 2016 GRANT RECIPIENTS