"Lumbee River Electric Membership Corporation is a member owner-business. It is committed to providing electric and other value-added services that improve the quality of life in the communities we serve.
Our dedicated employee team delivers high quality, competitively priced products and services. We are committed to continuous improvement and to make Lumbee River EMC our customers' first choice."
Motto and Philosophy: Safety & Members First!
Lumbee River Facts:
- First Organized: March 15, 1940
- Number of Offices: 6
- Headquarters: Red Springs, NC in Robeson County
- Number of Members: 50,594
- Number of Accounts: 58,414
- Miles of Line: 5,681
- Number of Power Poles: 77,672
- Number of Substations: 27
- Counties Served: Cumberland, Hoke, Robeson, and Scotland
- Number of Employees: 118
- North Carolina's Electric Cooperatives - All of North Carolina's 26 electric distribution cooperativees recieve electricity through NCEMC, a power generation and transmission cooperative.
- North Carolina Association of Electric Cooperatives, Inc. - An association of North Carolina's Electric Cooperatives, is a service association formed to provide services more efficiently and economically for co-op member systems like Lumbee River.